Transfer account from old Mac to a new one using OSX Migration Assistant
Posted by UCS IT Support 4 on 17 September 2010 05:05 PM
To transfer files via Migration Assistant
- Before performing migration, Restart your old Mac hold letter T key on your keyboard till the FireWire sign comes up on your screen
- Connect a FireWire cord between both computer you should see the old Mac HD on the new Mac desktop.
- On your new Mac, open Migration Assistant, located in the Utilities folder in your Applications folder.
- Read the Introduction screen, then click Continue.
- If a dialog appears, type your admin password, then click OK.
- In the Migration Method screen, select “From another Mac,” then click Continue.
- click Continue
- Select the hard disk and user accounts from which you want to transfer, don't select transfer applications if you already have all Applications installed on the new Mac
- Select transfer your network, time zone, and Sharing settings, and then click Transfer.
- When Migration Assistant is finished transferring files, click Quit.
- Eject the old drive from your new Mac desktop, disconnect FireWire cord
- On your new Mac log out and log back in with your account
- Turn off the old computer