How to install the Brother Control Center on Mac OS X Leopard
I have a MFC-8660DN multi-function printer. There's a piece of software called the Brother Control Center that lets you initiate scans from your desktop and route the scan to a specific application. To get it...
- Visit this Brother site.
- Choose "USA"
- Choose your model number (MFC-8660DN)
- Choose "United States"
- Choose "Drivers" then "Mac OS X (10.5)" then "English"
- Then choose the "Scanner Driver" and download it, then install.
- You'll have to restart your computer and a dialogue will come up. You can have the printer associated by name or IP address. I chose IP address. Then I added a name of my computer so that you can use the printer interface to send things to a particular computer.
Posted by Joe on 2-21-2008
Update - A few weeks later I started having trouble accessing the scanning capabilities from the Mac. I spoke with Brother Support and they took me thru the following re-installation steps, which solved the problem.
- Delete the "Users/YOUR_USER_NAME/Library/Preferences/Brother" folder.
- Delete the "Library/Image Capture/TWAIN Data Sources/Brother TWAIN.ds" file.
- Delete the "Library/Printers/Brother/Utilities/ControlCenter" and "Library/Printers/Brother/Utilities/DeviceSelector" folders.
- Restart computer.
- Empty your trash.
- Re-install the Control Center following the steps above.
Posted by Joe on 3-12-2008