Enter your Gmail details into Apple mail on your Mac.
- Open Apple mail, and go to the “Mail’ menubar at the top of the screen and then select ’Preferences’ from the menu.
- Select the ‘Accounts’ tab. From here you can manage your mail accounts.
- Press the ‘+’ button – this means add a new account.
- You will be prompted for some details:
- Where it says ‘full name’ enter your name, this is not important but it will appear in the ‘ from’ field and can be anything.
- Where it says ‘email address’ put in your Gmail email address from step 1 above including the @gmail.com at the end.
- Where it says ‘password’ enter your Gmail password from step 1 above.
It will then verify that the email address and password are correct and then display a confirmation screen. It should say that the Account type is “Gmail IMAP” as follows:
- Press ‘Create’